22 March 2012

back to 2008

And our trip to Walt Disney World! I finally embraced my clean and simple side and am moving through my pictures and feeling good about it. I have been stressing about making every layout a super duper days spent on it and every embellishment and technique used on them kind of layout. I have let go of that expectation and am shooting on getting them out of the box and into an album. (or two or three)

I will say this epiphany came from my friend Melissa. There will still be other pages that do get the special overdone treatment, but more often than not, I do believe they will be pretty clean and simple. On with the show...

This first set was in Pooh's Playful Spot that has since been removed from the landscape of the Magic Kingdom. The kids both loved playing here and it was a good spot to relax for the parents. All of my pages were at one time based on a pagemap but then once I get creating, I sort of move away from the pagemap. But they did start with some help.


More hanging at the play spot. Love the pictures and the kids faces. Used one of my EKSuccess border punches to make the orange accents for this page. The chipboard words came with a bunch of Pooh characters in a pack. I cannot remember who makes them as the packaging has been gone for a bit.


Liberty Tree Tavern when they still had characters visit your table. Alex was able to tolerate the characters as long as they didn't get too close. He would turn his head or hide his eyes so he couldn't see them and they couldn't see him. But he didn't scream or cry. The papers are from a DCWV summer paper stack from a few years back. I got out my red machine Sizzix and two different Sizzlit fonts to make the title.


The Pooh parade at the Crystal Palace. Kira had a blast! She did very well with spinning her napkin and walking. The papers are from a DCWV spring stack from a few years back. The chipboard letters are from a Christmas kit I purchased ages ago. The colors worked so on the layout they went!


Been busy since yesterday was Alex's 6th birthday. 6?? oh my word... where has the time gone? Seriously. He was just a baby and now he is almost through with kindergarten. Time really needs to slow on down. Off to get creative and do laundry.

1 comment:

  1. Great layouts. That's what I've been doing with the Great West Lodge vacation photos ~~ choose a pagemap and get them done as quickly as possible. Some are getting the special treatment, like the ones I'm doing now for their spa day at GWL, but the rest plop out pretty quickly.

    ReplyDelete