12 September 2011

apple picking and a party

We had a great weekend. It was the perfect fall weekend (in my opinion) Cool at night and in the 70's during the day with lots of sun! We took the kids to DeMeritt Hill Farm to pick some apples. Last year we didn't get to go because of a very late May frost that killed off the blossoms. So the kids were super excited to go this year. Me too!!

Kira took this great picture of me and my hubby. She did very well.


Another fun tradition... finding out how tall you are each fall. I need to dig out the first year we took pictures of Kira by this sign. She was MUCH smaller then. This girl has gone on a serious growth spurt. She has grown about 3 inches this summer and her foot has gone from a size 1 to a size 4!! We totally skipped size 2 and lingered at a size 3 for about a month.



Here's my little man. He is also growing on me. All his shorts that fit just fine at the beginning of the summer have had to be adjusted since he has grown up and lost some of his tummy in the process. Sign me up for that weight loss option. I would love to be a bit taller. LOL



Heading up the hill to pick us some apples. We didn't have far to go as they were just a couple rows past that white sign at the top of the hill!



Coming back down the hill. As you can see... Kira had a special apple she carried down.




It really was a great day. The apples were plentiful. In fact I have never seen more. And the best part, they all survived Hurricane Irene!


Yesterday we went to a birthday party for Kira's BFF Michaela. It was at a new bounce house in Portsmouth called Jump On In. Totally great time. The kids had a blast. I will say so did the adults. We all went in the bouncers and had a great time. I haven't laughed that hard in awhile. 


So grateful for my family and the fun we can have. Now if I could just bottle that fun... we'd be golden!

No comments:

Post a Comment