21 September 2011

slacker me again

Geez, I have been away for a bit of time. I'd love to say I have been cleaning the house and scrapping like a mad woman, but that is not true. I have been scanning and scanning and taking pictures and doing more scanning of my kids school work. It's not too bad for Alex as this is his second year. Kira on the other hand... I had only done preschool, kindergarten and first grade. I had stacks of papers and artwork that needed to be preserved. 

Normally this wouldn't have been a big deal but those stacks were in my laundry room. Which was fine and dandy during the winter as they blocked the window and any cold drafts that may have wanted to visit. However, during the spring and summer when I wanted the window open, the stacks of papers were a bit of a problem. I moved them but the new location did nothing to help with getting into our deep freeze or if I wanted to do any laundry!

So began my adventure last week with trying to get everything that I wanted saved either scanned or photographed. The big piles are now gone. I have a large collection of papers that are going to be recycled and I am feeling okay with this. I will have the copy. Releasing is a good thing. 

Left to do... I have a couple bags in my office from fourth grade and a couple in my closet from third grade. As well as her art folders from first grade to fourth grade. Oh yeah... they are starting to bring home more paper from this school year so I am attempting to keep up with it.

Not sure what I will do with all of this once it is done (or shall I say- caught up?) I do feel better having copies of these things. It is fun to see how much Kira's handwriting and drawings have evolved as she has gotten older. I will be burning discs of this information so I don't lose it if my computer decides to go belly up. That would be the worst!!

So that is what I have been doing with my time. (in addition to the other fun things I do around here) I also managed to get my hair cut and colored. Feeling good. I also had my stylist add in two purple colored hair extensions!! I love it. I wanted feathers but I like the purple so much more. Here's the new me... there is no way I am ever going to act my age!! ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment