12 January 2012

layout challenge group creation

oh I am so darn happy today. At least on a small level anyways. First off my poor darling little man has a cold which today forced him to miss school. I am sad for him as I know how much he hates missing but when there is a fever involved I believe he should be kept home. I know I am one silly mom that way. 

As I am typing he is playing with his Pokemon figures and having a ball. oh yeah... no sign of fever either. Stinker.

Okay back to my happy spot... I was invited to join this amazing group of ladies on FB in a layout challenge group and a card challenge group. I totally work better if I am challenged. Not even doing it for the prizes but for the fun of scrapping and seeing what others come up with.

Anywho... here is the first sketch that we were given. Now isn't that the most dreamy of sketches?? I thought so too. 


And here is what I came up with. I hunted through my pictures and found these beauties that cried to be scrapped. I also happened to look up at my papers and had this amazing collection that I purchased at CKC Manchester last year that I have been dying to use on my fall pictures. A small amount of time later (about a week) I have finished. Definitely a labor of love and so happy I did this.


Now I am off to work on the card challenge for that group. And the best part?? We are making Christmas cards to get ahead of the game. I am so happy for this as I totally missed sending out handmade cards this past year.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you little man is ill. You sound like a very over protective mommy! lol Just cuz the kid runs a fever you think he may be really sick! lol

    Love that you accepted to join us! Wish others would have jumped on the wagon too! I love your first layout and the pictures are so wonderful! You do such fantastic work.....always an inspiration to me!

    Can't wait to see your card!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely wonderful page, lady!!! Just love this type o' scrappin' you do, it's phenomenal!!

    ReplyDelete