27 July 2011

freehand scraps sketch contest...

and the Punky Sprouts sketch contest that I have missed the deadline for :(

The first layout is for the Freehand Scraps sketch contest over at the Pagemaps blog. Here is the sketch....


And here is my take on the sketch. I had fun using all those thumbnail pictures that come with your order with Winkflash. They were perfect as embellishments on this layout. Some Doodlebug Easter pattern papers I have had for awhile, DCWV solid cardstock and Making Memories rub on letters for the title. Pretty sure all the blooms are primas, if not they are a giving a good impression of primas!! LOL

This year the kids moved so fast in finding the eggs, I didn't get many of the actual finding the eggs pictures. Kira would find an egg and then pose. Love it!! Alex was a blur in most pictures. Even with the sport mode on the camera!! He's fast!


This next layout was supposed to be for the Punky Sprouts sketch challenge but since I went away to enjoy some me time, I didn't get it entered (or completed) in time. But happy to have scrapped the pictures. Here's the sketch....


Here is the layout. This continues the wet egg hunt theme that was happening this year. Even my parents got in on the action. They were keeping dry but they looked just like a couple of peeps! I really really wanted to get a black marker and put some eyes on those hoods. I don't think they would have appreciated it but it was a funny thought. Yes I voiced that thought as well which was received with some snarls from both of them!!


Today I took the kids on a photo shoot around town. Trying to get some new pictures to replace their birthday ones from last year. Yes I am about six months late for Alex's but the timing would not work out, and Picture People is not the greatest place to get pictures taken anymore. For that I am really sad as I have loved going there since before Kira was even born. I don't like the direction the company is headed and their photographers no longer care about capturing the personalities of the kids but instead need to sell photos to be considered a good hire.

Personally I would think that if you have captured my child's personality, I would be willing to spend a small fortune to get those portraits into my house (and I have been known to do such things) So I opted for taking the pictures myself.

When I can narrow down the ones I am going to have enlarged and hang in the house, I will post those ones. If you want to scroll through the rest, they are on my Facebook page... all 143 of them!! Those are just the ones that I am considering enlarging. I need to narrow those down to the best four for each of the kids and then a few of them together so about 11 total. Should only take me a few months to do that!! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment