29 April 2012

thank you gifts

Since my time as PTA president is coming to an end, I decided I should thank those wonderful ladies who have done so much to help me during my time in office. They were there when I needed volunteers and always gave above and beyond. I opted for a gift box with eight handmade monogram cards for everyone. I chose two pretty simple sketches and used a video tutorial for the gift box. 

The sketches I used I have had for awhile and I printed them out but saved them at a small size and all I can make out on the watermark is HKS and Heather Scott. I tried looking it up but the links I keep coming up with do not correlate with what I have. If you  happen to know where I can find a link for her, please let me know. These cards could not have been done without her wonderful sketches.

I used papers from DCWV stacks and from my stash. I used my embossing folders to give the cards some dimension as I didn't want to use anything too bulky so they could all fit in the card box. I punched the edges of all the card boxes with one of my many border punches and raided my button stash to create the flowers for the fronts of the boxes. I used my Sizzlits alphabets to create the monograms (Monkey Tails, Aphrodite, and Funky Brush) and used my Spellbinders Nesties for some shapes.

I hope the ladies like them. I think they are a wonderful bunch of ladies and I am happy to have worked with them for these years.



























1 comment:

  1. Great colors you chose! Just love the texture that the embossing gives!!!

    ReplyDelete