30 April 2012

layout and gifts

Once again I was inspired by this wonderful group of ladies I hang out with online to complete a layout before the end of the month. And I finished it up last night but didn't get it posted until today. I was a little sidetracked with my thank you gift project.

Anywho... here is the sketch that was given to all of us to see what we could do with it. Pretty neato sketch.


And here is what I did with it. I totally messed up my pattern paper placement on the first page and had already glued everything down on the second page. Yes sometimes I work backwards from page two to page one. It's a quirk. But I am happy with how it came out. I pulled the papers from my stash that I found under holiday papers. Guess I'm pretty lucky that Easter colors don't seem to change year to year!! Used my handy dandy border punch (apron) that I totally LOVE!! That was part of my birthday present from my mom. Very happy I picked it up. Yes that is computer journaling on yellow vellum! Oh yeah baby, I went old school for that one.


As I was uploading the batch of pictures of my thank you gifts to the PTA moms, I realized I forgot two ladies. Not sure how that happened. So I was working on these next two sets today when I realized I forgot ANOTHER two!! OH MY WORD!!

So far I have made 102 cards and 12 gift boxes!! I have 16 more cards to make and two more gift boxes. And that does not include my end of the year thank you gifts to the secretaries and teachers that I need to get motoring on!

Here are the next two sets of cards with their respective boxes.





Now to dig out more of my DCWV stacks so I can pull some papers for the next two sets. Really hoping I now have gotten everyone on my list. Guess I should have thought this project through a little more than I did. At least I am having fun!!

2 comments:

  1. Great colors and textures!!! Sure hope you have a wonderful weekend, greatest mom ever!

    ReplyDelete