16 May 2012

may sketch challenge

Since I was cutting it very close to the deadline on the Christmas card challenge group, I didn't want to do that with the layout challenge group! And this layout totally inspired me. The hardest part was coming up with the pictures since I had a few different events to choose from.

Here is the sketch I had to work with. Pretty nifty and I can see me using it again!!


Here is my layout. A couple years ago for Alex's fourth birthday he received a toddler scooter. When we got home from Syracuse (where the party was) he insisted on trying out the scooter. It was a chilly kind of day so he didn't play for long but totally loved it.


I used some embellishments that have been hanging around forever. Felt good to use them too. I took the clear stickers and put them on white cardstock so that they wouldn't get lost on the red background. I added the black dots to the title letters so they would stand out against that plaid. Seemed like a good idea at the time... partway through... not so much! Added rub ons to the two pictures on the left.

Tomorrow I shall post some pictures from Mother's Day. I hear a storm coming in so I am getting away from the computer!! Catch you all later!

2 comments:

  1. Love what you did with the sketch!! Great papers and pics for this. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, those pics are great! Sure looks like one happy dude on that scooter! I am soo glad you had him in his helmet and pads!

    ReplyDelete