29 May 2012

school office end of the year gifts

My life as a PTA president would have been much rougher if not for the help of three ladies in the school office. They helped so much and I am eternally grateful to each and everyone of them. Besides a lifetime of servitude, I thought a nice little box of monogrammed cards would be a lovely gift to end the year. Plus I had such a great time making the cards for the PTA helpers... why not??

I found this tutorial for a card drawer on Splitcoaststampers dot com and thought it would be pretty fun to make. The best part, it was pretty simple as well! Always a good thing when I am making more than one of something.




I used my border punches on the pattern paper strips as well as the medallion flower. Then I dug into my bling container and added a little personality to the flowers. Love how the pearls look!

I used two sketches I dug out of my sketch binder for all the cards. Makes it easier on me to do that. I embossed the papers to give a little bit more to the cards and each has a monogram for the ladies they were created for. I used the Sizzlits Monkey Tails and Aphrodite for the letters. (I am not endorsing any of the sites that I am linking as I have not purchased from them and know nothing of their customer service, I wanted to show what the alphabets looked like)




Here are the boxes all packaged and ready to be delivered. I have a couple more weeks but very happy it is all done.


I have two teacher gifts and two girl scout leader gifts to get done as well. But I need a run to Michaels before I can do much with those. Can't wait to share the completed projects!

3 comments:

  1. Lady, those card drawers are just wonderful! OMG, that may be the inspiration I need. This last week of school, contrary to all the logic in the world, has literally snuck up on me and I have no excuse! So I have tonight, tomorrow night, and the next night to get gifts done, and that's it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are super simple to make! You could crank out many in that amount of time!! Happy crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I love these!!!! I love the drawers..amazingly cute and I love all the embossing. :) You are one crafty momma.

    ReplyDelete