03 February 2012

extra challenge card

From my Facebook Card Challenge group, it seemed that many had gotten done with the sketch in a pretty timely manner and were waiting for the next one. Diana did not disappoint!! She posted the following sketch with the theme, "Baby, It's Cold Outside". Great sketch isn't it??


Here is my take on the sketch. I used my Swiss Dots embossing folder (thanks to my Alien buddy), I cut two sets of mittens and used foam tape between the layers to pop them up. Added a bit of bakers twine since mittens always seem to get lost, these two are together forever!! Thanks again to my Alien for the twine. Snowflake brads from my stash and the 'brrr' are rub ons from DCWV a few years ago. I used some puff paint for the mitten cuffs.


Yesterday I spent some quality time finding my desk. That wasn't the game plan going into yesterday, but it had to be done as I had misplaced a Lowe's gift card that we are in need of. So much gets dumped in this space that sometimes I plop things in places they should not be plopped into! It wasn't so bad until I asked hubby if he had in fact given me the gift card. I knew the answer and he looked a little concerned. He also gave me that, "your room is a pit and you need to clean it so you can find things" look.

So I started putting all my scraps away. Then the projects were removed from the desk and put in a storage folder so I can grab them when I want to work on them and everything is together! The good news is that I have a desk top AND I found the gift card. whew... we are heading to Lowe's this morning to pick up a new toilet for our upstairs bathroom. Poor hubby has tried to fix the one that is there for over a month now with no luck at all. The latest fix has the flapper staying up (or open) so we have to be careful to make sure to follow behind the kiddos when they go!!

Saturday will be replace the toilet day here. I think I will spare you the pictures of that adventure. Maybe the final completed project only. I hate installing toilets. Wondering how the old toilet will look in the yard with some lovely plastic flowers in it??

1 comment:

  1. I think the old toilet would make an outstanding planter!!! Heck, do you remember when I posted all those pictures of the reading tub? That was a cool project, though granted a little less WT than a toilet, but we'd do that too!!! hehehehe

    That card is just adorable, you're so incredibly welcome {I would spoil you to death, my friend, if I had the money!!} for the Twinery, and I have that same ribbon!!!!

    ReplyDelete