21 February 2012

february sketch challenge completed

Here is the sketch which was presented to us in the challenge group. Love the banner but haven't had much luck with working with one. I think I was over thinking the whole thing. This layout took me awhile since I wasn't sure exactly what I wanted for a title much less what to use for a banner. I got trapped in my mind thinking it too much and making it harder than it needed to be.


Anywho... this is what I came up with. I found some so totally adorable pictures of hubby and Alex that screamed at me to be scrapped. So I obliged them. I can't believe Alex was that small. Not that he is huge now but still... my baby is growing up.

I am happy with this banner. I made strips and then folded them, inked them up, and stuck down the back section, slipped the fake bakers twine in and glued the top part down. I may try that again sometime. oh my fake bakers twine?? It is so much fun to make. This go around isn't that great, but I have better markers now so I think it will look 100% better next time. The how to is HERE. This could save me big bucks in getting all those wonderful colors of twine that I drool over all the time.

I have had the Vikings embellies FOREVER!! Seriously. The store that I got them from has been out of business for at least three years. Guess I was waiting for the perfect layout. Glad it finally showed up!!


Very happy that at least for more pictures are now scrapped. I would love to continue, but I have 10 cards I have to make. Best get my butt in gear so I can get them off my mind. Have a great one!

1 comment:

  1. Those two pages are WONDERFUL!!! I have several packages of Yankees embellies, and do you think I've done anything with them???

    ReplyDelete