10 December 2011

cards i made

These first cards I found the idea on Pinterest and loved them!! I was thinking I could do them for our cards this year, but once I got it all together, it was a tad thicker than I would like. Especially seeing as I made over forty cards. That would be a pretty penny to mail them all.

Instead I made a set of five for the PTA's Turn Off TV Week basket raffle. Along with the cards below this one, a set of six ornaments and the popsicle stick trees I made, will be donated to the raffle in March.


This one I did four more so there will be ten cards total in the basket.


These next cards were requested by my friend Lois. She had finished using up the Thank You cards I had made her previously and wondered if I could come up with some plain cards that she could write the sentiment inside. Well heck yes!! I took a few days and let my papers inspire me. Many of these started as ideas I pinned on Pinterest but never ended up looking like the originals. 

Love the purple of these!! Used my embossing folders, nesties, sewing machine and a butterfly punch. Inked the edges of the butterflies and stickled their bodies. Love these ones.


I had some paper scraps left over from working on Kira's friends ornaments so I used them for the accent papers on these cards. Used the swiss dots embossing folder, a stamp from Scrappy Cat which I punched out, inked the edges and pop dotted.


These ones I did based on Scrapbooks etc's Craft it Forward section from January 2011. Again, doesn't look anything like the original but that's where the idea at least started.


Love punching a circle in a card to place a little something inside the card. I love how these came out. I used my paisley and my circles embossing folder and some miscellaneous flowers.


I had made three of the accordion flowers so figured I could whip one more up and use them on these cards. Love how they came out. I inked the edges, stamped a flower on the pink circle, did a bit of sewing and punched the border. These rock!!


Now Lois and I have to find a time to connect so she can pick them up!! Never easy with two busy moms. I'm sure it will happen before Christmas... I think. LOL

1 comment:

  1. OMG those snowmen are beeeeeeeeeeeyond adorable!! You have inspired me, and for that I could kiss you on the lips!!! I'll even brush! {Yuck, I'm totally kidding, but still...(not joking about the brushing part though, I'd do that for sure)}

    Great job on those cards, holy moses busy lady!!

    ReplyDelete