10 October 2012

ordination card

While my mom was hanging out with us last month, she asked me if I could make an ordination card for her for a gentleman at church. Sure! Why not??

I had to search the internet for some ideas as I have never done that type of card before. I found a few ideas and crammed them all together and this is what I came up with.


The dark brown on the side where the writing is turned a bit black in the picture. And the cross... I love it so much!! Sybill cut that out of DCWV metallic cardstock. I embossed the flourishes on vellum with my Cuttlebug. The letters were cut with my red Sizzix using Sizzlit font Playground.


I printed the Bible verse onto vellum and then attached it to the brown paper with the tan paper as accents for the inside of the card.

Mom was pretty happy with it and so am I! Somehow it is always my mom who comes up with these great challenges for me. She is testing me, I know it!! (love you mom!!)

May your day be not so challenging.

1 comment:

  1. I like this card. I believe with the words you put it together yourself?

    ReplyDelete