02 May 2011

scrapping the weekend away

and did a bit of shopping at the Creating Keepsakes Convention in Manchester. My friend Jackie drove down from Maine to go with me. We had a really good time. And managed to not lose any wallets or purchases!! I'll have to post some pictures later of the fun we had with our missing friends mini her paper doll that we made. We had to make sure that the three of us had a good time. LOL

Anyways... I did manage to do some scrapping. I was going to work on Kira's 7th birthday, but I seem to be missing some pictures. Not sure how that happened so I put those on hold after I finished this first page. I'll go back once I locate those pictures. I used some cardstock stickers that had been hanging around for awhile. I used the Hello Kitty papers as it was a Hello Kitty themed party. This picture I took before the celebration began. She's such a ham. I did use a pagemap for this but forgot to write down which one it was. Bad me.


Then since I couldn't work on the birthday stuff, I moved along to our 2008 Walt Disney World trip. Alex looks so small. And he was. But it is fun to see him way back when. And Kira too was a tad smaller.

I used a pagemap from May 2009 for this layout. I used some Mickey heads buttons that have been hanging around here for awhile, as well as some of the confetti that was used on one of our tables while we were dining at Disney. The kids loved the Tea Cups. So cute!! Added some stickles to the Sizzix cut tea cups. There are also hidden Mickey's on all the layouts I've done. Something I picked up from an amazing scrapper on Scrapbook.com Scrappycath. She hides Mickey heads on her Disney layouts as well and I thought it was so clever. Kira LOVES looking for them on the pages. It's fun to hide them as well!! I really should keep track of how many are on each page, but I don't. LOL


Mickey's House. I have had the paper piecing FOREVER!! It was made by my friend Nancy. I had to wait till I scrapped these pictures to use it and it was perfect!! I used a pagemap from June 2006 for this layout. The Mickey head strip I cut with a pair of deco scissors I had purchased at Disney. So much fun!! Love Mickey's fun house. Papers... been collecting them for years.


Outside of Mickey's house on your way to the Judge's Tent to see Mickey, you get to walk through the garden. Fun things happening there. I punched the Mickey heads out with a punch of mine. It was worth it for this layout. I pulled out my red Sizzix machine and used my Playground Sizzlit font for the title. Yup... bringing back old school tricks. I used a pagemap from August 2007 for this layout.


Finally got into the Judge's Tent and got to wait in line to meet Mickey. The line goes slow but it is air conditioned so it balances things out. The first page is a pagemap from May 2008 and the second is a pagemap from September 2008. I couldn't find a two page one that I liked for all the pictures I had. Alex was doing well with keeping up with us, until he got into the dark-ish and cool tent. Then we lost him to sleep. He missed meeting Mickey at that time but we got him in the picture so that he knows we didn't just leave him in the stroller somewhere!! Poor thing. As soon as we walked back outside into the sun and heat, he woke right up.

I used a rub on for the title on the second page that is from Creative Imaginations as were the brad on the large picture and the sticker on the Alex sleeping picture. I picked up the ribbon at Michaels awhile back from their dollar bin. Lots of stash being used.


Snow White is Kira's favorite princess. In fact the only princess she does like. So we got to get her picture twice!! Both of them were so nice to Kira and made her feel special. I stickled the chipboard letters since I thought Snow White could use some bling. The full length Snow White is a Jolee's 3D sticker as are the birds. I used a pagemap from March 2005 for this layout.


Not too bad considering we spent most of Saturday shopping at CKC!! Thanks to Jackie for coming down and hanging with me. Now I am getting inspired to continue working on my Disney vacation pictures, which is good since I have two FULL photo boxes to work with!!

3 comments:

  1. Your Disney layouts are giving me the bug to scrap more Disney photos, AND I want to go back to Disney again!! They have made all sorts of changes to Mickey's Toontown Fair area and I can't wait to see it. Wanna go? (Oh if it were that easy, huh? lol!) Anyways, as always I love, love, love your layouts. Can't wait to see them in person. I want to search for those hidden Mickeys. You are super cleaver in hiding them so well if you ask me!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Disney layouts. I have just a few more to do and you gave me some great inspiration. these all turned out awesome......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowy did you ever get a ton done!! So happy for you! Those are all wonderful layouts!

    ReplyDelete