10 May 2011

still here

I know it has been awhile since I have been here. Last week I was attacked by my eyes and nose. They were basically trying to get off my face and hide from the pollen that was in the air. I was miserable most of the week, but did manage to scrap a bit (in between sneezes and blurry eyes) Good news is I am feeling better and hopefully will keep all facial parts in their proper places.

I am working on our Disney trip from 2008. Have a few hundred more pictures to scrap so I'll work on these until I get fried and then try something else. But for now... enjoy Walt Disney World from the year 2008!

This first one is when we had breakfast at Chef Mickey's at the Contemporary Resort. Yummy food and great pictures. Alex wasn't too sure about the characters. Especially as most of them wanted to give him big hugs!! He was happy to see Mickey... until Mickey touched his nose! He didn't scream or cry, he turned away and rubbed his nose. So cute. After that, he didn't trust any of the other characters and kept turning his head away.

I used a Pagemap from September 2006 for this layout. The laser die cut I either purchased at CKC one year or at Mouse Memories. I can't remember but it worked nicely with this. I stickled the title part since it looked a little bland. The Mickey eyelets I bought at Disney World. Yup... rockin' the old school materials!


Same day... more pictures. The group shot they take before you sit down. Then they casually bring it to your table while you are eating and all happy from seeing the characters that you agree to pay for them. It's a nice racket for them. LOL

I used my Mickey Mouse head deco scissors (purchased at Disney World) and some chipboard letters from K & Company that I have had for awhile. The pictures of Kira with her napkin are part of the fun. The characters lead a parade and all the kids follow behind with their napkins and the adults at the table twirl theirs as well. Pretty neat.

I used a pagemap from May 2008 for this one.


On another day we had breakfast with Lilo, Stitch, Pluto and Mickey at the Polynesian Resort. We all got leis and were called Cousins the whole time we were there. It was fun. We kept Alex away from the characters and in the end, I had to take him out of the restaurant because he was too nervous. Poor kid. But Kira, she had a blast!! Stitch is daddy's favorite so he really enjoyed this meal.

I used a pagemap from May 2007 for this layout. I dug out my Aphrodite Sizzlits for the title, then stickled those letters and even did some sewing! The papers are from a DCWV summer stack. Not sure which year, but the tropical theme worked for these pictures. And flowers. Lots of flowers. As pretty as they are in the jars they are now in on my desk, they look prettier on layouts!!


Another parade during our meal!! Guess the mouse doesn't want you eating. LOL It's great for the kids and they have fun. Kira thought she was pretty cool with her maraca! I used Aphrodite Sizzlits for the title and then stickled them! I punched out some Mickey heads and stickled those as well. There was so much going on, I kept the embellishing to a minimum.

Pagemap from September 2005 was used for this.

Again... the picture before your meal! Poor Alex most of the group shots he looks so lost and confused. He didn't quite get it. I hand stitched the circle. I used my new tool from CKC We R Memory Makers Sew Easy. Pretty darn cool. I used some embroidery floss. And more flowers!! Now if someone can explain to me why I had my hand behind my back like that!! LMBO!

Pagemap used December 2005.


The kids Mouse Ears. Kira insisted on having these heavy furry ears. She didn't wear them long at the park, her poor head was soaked!! Rockin' the deco scissors and eyelets again!! And the Mickey head brad!! Totally says Disney. The "nice ears" brad is from Creative Imaginations. I have 5 more sayings to use so you'll be seeing more of them. Pictures taken in our room at the Pop Century Resort. I journaled and tucked it behind Kira's picture which is pop dotted so it didn't catch on the deco scissor Mickey heads.

Pagemap used October 2009.


Off to work on some more pages. Maybe even the laundry. You never know!! Have a great one!

3 comments:

  1. Such great pages, Terri! Can't believe you embroidered on that circle, it's fantastic!! Such great memories y'all have made at Disney.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, look at all the awesome layouts. Disney is such a fun place and you so show that on your wonderful layouts....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello dear, just a driveby from an alien, wondering how you're doin'!!! Loves&Huges

    ReplyDelete