19 December 2013

a card for a special couple

There is an amazing couple whom I know and love (and flat out treasure) who were celebrating their anniversary. These two are my connection to the alien world around us. So they needed a very special card to celebrate their very special day and yes it needed to have an alien theme.

I started with stamping this really cute guy on his way with my anniversary wishes. It has to be a green based card and was lucky to have some amazing alien green papers!! I have had the together metal plate for the longest time ever. I do believe I was waiting for this card to use it on.


Here is a close up of this adorable alien. He has a google eye and his cockpit was pop dotted as well as his antennae on the ship. I added some green stickles and some glossy accents to give the cockpit a glass like feel.


This is the inside of the card.The astronaut was cut out and colored and pop dotted. I added the small red heart brad since he is on a mission of love. I used some white ink to stamp the sentiment and all those adorable stars. Both the alphabet and the star is a set of stamps that I bought years ago at a dollar store and they work just as well as any other I have purchased. And since I love purple, this little guy had to be purple and connected to his ship with a bit of purple twine.


Close up of the astronaut. I did add glossy accents to his helmet face.


I will admit that I totally forgot to take pictures of this card and had to beg the recipient to take them for me as I wanted to share this card with everyone. Thanks to my sweet Alien for doing that for me and for being in my life. Here's to many many more years of happiness for you and yours!!

2 comments: