23 December 2013

quick post for my friend ali

Christmas is coming rather quickly and boy do I have a ton more to do... So this will be a quick and simple post for today.

I made this card for my special friend who ran away to Canada after becoming a part of my heart over the past four years. Oh sure, use the excuse that her entire family is there and it makes her husband happy to be at home more. 

What about my needs?? 

Geez, some people can be so selfish. 
(and yes that would be me)

I found the bird cage stamp at Michaels and thought of this special lady right away. I could see it stamped and heading her way. Then I looked and there was this adorable bird stamp. How perfect!! It was like the universe aligned and said to me "yes you need those stamps". Well who am I to go against the entire universe?? 

Oh the best part?? The cost of both of the stamps was $1.00!! Serious on sale baby.


I stamped the cage and heat embossed with gold embossing powder. It turned out a bit too gold and not perfect. So I dug through my stash and found some metallic rub ons that worked amazingly well to 'age' the cage. That then brought me to the point of deciding the entire card needed an aged look. Inking to the rescue. I stamped the bird and popped him on the top of the cage since he needs to be free! I used some glaze pens for his beak and his eye. A bit of washi tape to create the table for the cage to sit on and some pearl bling and I called it done.

Very happy with how this turned out.

1 comment:

  1. That cage is fantastic, and the popped bird is absolutely perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete