19 June 2010

brownie troop leader gifts

Here they are! I have worked all week on these two card 'purses' for Kira's Brownie Troop Leaders. They are a couple of wonderful ladies who give so much of themselves to the girls. Kira is blessed to have them in her life. So I worked hard to give them something nice that they could enjoy. Kira gave them their gifts last night at the ceremony (which I need to upload the pictures off of my camera) Below are the pictures of the cards that I put into them. Some were duplicates so I didn't take pictures of those ones. Enjoy!



I used one of my two Cuttlebug embossing folders. After using them on these cards, I can see why everyone wanted them and feel I am late in getting on the bandwagon. Guess I know what I will be using my coupons for at ACMoore and Michaels. Not sure if my Joanns has them. Have to look. Anywho... all of the papers are from the American Crafts paper line- Tea Party. I have enjoyed using this paper on so many things, and I still have more left to use!! The Happy Day is a 3D embellie from Joanns clearance section.
Again the 3D embellie is from Joanns clearance section of card stuff.


I stamped the 'your special day' and used some stickles on the flame of the candle and the frosting on the cupcake. I tried to create another 3D embellie by using pop dots. The green celebrate card I was trying to use my nesties and emboss but somehow made my 'sandwich' wrong and cut the circle out instead. Happy mistake!! I inked the oops and made it work for me.


Loving the Joanns clearance section!! LOL



Using the Cuttlebug embossing folders again. Not sure which way is up or if it really does matter on pattern embossing. hmmm... I wonder. Guess I'll have to use them more and get the feel of them. Stamped the sentiment again and did the same stickle application as the previous card. Added some bling I had from Michaels dollar bins.





Cut out the circle in the pattern paper and then put the blue cardstock behind it and put the Joanns embellie on top of that. Pretty simple but lovely.




More fun Joann embellies. And the cuttlebug paisley embossing folder. Purty.



Simple one. I stamped the sentiment right onto the pattern paper since it wasn't that busy. I like how it came out for me. And buttons... can't go wrong with them!!



I have always wanted to try those flowers on the side and once again saw them in a magazine the night before I made the cards and went for it. I did find it would be a much easier process with patterns that don't matter which way is up! The stripes were a little tricky to keep the same direction. But I did it!! The Just a Note cards were fun. Simple stamping and a flower. I did add three brads to the lower left corner of the card to mimic the centers of the flowers. Thought it helped.


Thanks for looking! I will get the Girl Scout bridging pictures off of my camera and onto my computer soon and get them posted. I am also working on 30 more cards that need to be done before Thursday. Not sure if they will be in the card purses or just wrapped with a ribbon. We'll see how quickly I can get through the cards and how much time my kids let me have. Happy Scrapping!!









1 comment:

  1. Your cards look great. Those folders are addicting aren't they. I just love the texture it adds to a card.

    ReplyDelete