11 February 2011

more exploding box

This is the inside layer of my box. And the inside of that layer. Meaning the gift or whatever I am going to put in there (haven't decided yet) will be in that center section. Which may or may not get covered with pattern paper. Or maybe cardstock. Still debating that one. Anywho... these are the panels I have done so far. The tags in both of the slide mounts can come out so the recipient can put pictures in or turn it over and write a little note (very little)

This box is going to be part of a scrapping basket I am working on for my school's PTA basket raffle. I'm trying to make it a general theme so it could be used for a few different purposes. And look my threading water border punch is working like a charm!! Love that punch!


Here are the layouts I was working on before I started the exploding box project. Trip to Sea World 2008. We went on a backstage tour with Kira to see the penguins and have a chance to actually pet one! Kira totally enjoyed it.

This layout was of the penguin we met. Her name was Tierra. Used some Heidi Swapp ghost letters that I attached with embroidery floss. Jolee's stickers. Pagemap from April 2009.


More pictures of when we were waiting to pet our penguin. My circle skills are lacking when using paint!! But I like it. And love the new border punch I got. The scallop and long hole one. EKSuccess. The penguin family was a laser die cut I picked up at Mouse Memories when we were in Orlando that year.


This was at the start of the tour and our tickets. oooh new border punch used there on the right hand side of the right page and I put some ribbon in it. And on the journaling another new border punch. Love that look!!


Peeking at Shamu below the tank! So cool! Whale cut out of a piece of paper I picked up at Mouse Memories.


The daddy daughter dance was great last night. Daddy had to drag her out at the end she was having so much fun with her friends. She even managed to dance with daddy a few times!! Will have to work in a few pictures of the fun they had. Maybe tomorrow. Or later tonight. We'll see!

1 comment:

  1. OK, your exploding box is wonderful!! It's going to be such a great prize in that basket! If it weren't for you, I'd continue to forget about using slide mounts!! They're so versatile!!

    Love that penguin layout and how you did the floss with the letters, that's awesome! Your journaling had me researching projectile penguin poop, and wow, learn something new every day, and I also know why one particular breed of caterpillar projects its poo LOL LOL

    Love the penguin encounter, that punch is awesome and so's the pagemap!!

    Excellent job on the polar bear one!! Love the papers and that threaded ribbon, awesome! You're a journaling girl after my own heart!!!!

    Love love love the whale one!! Such great pictures! You may have cut out the whale, but it sure looks like a diecut!!

    So glad dad/daughter night was so fun! Holy gosh dangit I wish there was something like that here. Is that through her school, I forget, or through the rec center??

    ReplyDelete