28 January 2011

sketch from Biddy Buddies

But first we'll start with what might be the picture of the day for today! Yes that is my family room. oh my... can you tell DH has been gone and I have let the kids take over?? We're gonna have some cleaning up to do later. The good news is most of it is pretty easy to get back to it's proper locations. Love Littlest Pet Shops!! Alex has his own collection as he kept trying to take Kira's. Much easier that way. LOL And she is really amazing in sharing her buildings with him.

On to the scrapping pages. I can't remember where Diana said she got the sketches from but I turned them. Guess I should have posted them here but it's okay... you can see and drool over my completed pages!! LOL

Here is the first page. It called for a 5X7 but I went for the gusto and used an 8X10. Every year I take the kids out into the front yard for some fun in the leaves pictures. This was 2009's. I have a frame that holds an 8X10 and two 5X7's which works out lovely as I can change it out at least once a year! And I hate to throw them away when they come out so here is the big one for all time!

I used the Fall Stack paper from some year. Maybe 2008? It's been awhile since I have bought a season stack. I distressed the edges of the mat. I also distressed the leaves running up the middle of the layout. They are prismatic flat stickers and a bit too shiny for the layout. Looks cool in person. The title is a rub on that I stickled. I also put a rub on in the corner of the picture (by Alex) and stickled that too. You can't see it very well in the picture but shows up nicely in real life.

Page two... the center embellishment is three circles pop dotted and distressed on the edges. I also put a rub on in the center and stickled it as well. Yes our photo shoots were a few different days, hence Alex in a heavy coat on this page. But all in the same time frame.


Thanks to Diana for posting the sketches and for inviting me to join her fun little blog group. It's nice to have other inspiration for my scrapping.

1 comment:

  1. Soooooooooooooooooooper fantastic!! Love the papers, LOOOOVE the big photo and how you matted the ones on page 2, those 2 pages are seriously fantastic!! And I LOVE that you take those photos each year!!!!

    ReplyDelete