25 August 2012

criss cross card

I have made this type of card before and I am not sure why I don't make it more. I really enjoy it. The tutorial can be found at Splitcoaststampers right HERE and the directions are wonderfully simple. Love that part!

I made one for my hairdresser that has returned from carpal tunnel surgery and I made this one to have on hand in case I need it. I can see me making more of them in the future!


I used DCWV stack papers for the pattern papers. The pink and the yellow are DCWV cardstock. The purple base is from my stash and the white is from a package of cardstock from Michaels. The ribbon I purchased many many years ago while going to Craft Fairs with my twin. I think I paid a $1.00 for this roll and it is still going strong!!

I cut the scallop circle and the star with Cuttlebug dies. I cut two stars and pop dotted the second one. The stamp image came with my Cuttlebug when I purchased it. There are three other designs so I will have to use them to show them off as they are so adorable!! I then used a white ink pad (Studio G from Michaels dollar bin) to show off the embossing.

Hope your day is full of fun surprises as things fall together!!

1 comment:

  1. Holy crap, you are sooooo nice, makes me wish I'd given my hair lady a TY card back when she gave me the best cut, color, and highlites I've ever gotten! I loooooove the embossed 4You present!!!

    ReplyDelete