19 August 2012

fancy pants sketch contest from pagemaps

Yes I should be working on Disney vacation pictures but instead I went blog surfing and decided to work on some other pictures that were hanging on my desk and do a couple challenges while I was there. This sketch challenge is from my all time favorite sketch site PageMaps. Becky Fleck rocks and I use her sketches for 99.9% of all my layouts. Seriously love her.

Anywho... this is the sketch for the Fancy Pants Contest that is on the PageMaps blog. You have until Sunday August 26, 2012 midnight MST to complete this if you want in.


And here is my take on the sketch.


When I went to pick up the kids at my parents, I happened across this pictures of their dog Teddie and knew I had to scrap them. He was a big fluff ball and so sweet. Kira would stand behind him and try to catch his little stump of a tail... and he would let her!! His only flaw... he drooled A LOT!! This is how I remember him as he has since crossed the Rainbow Bridge and awaits us.

Every birthday my parents would get him a birthday cupcake. He always inhaled it and never really tasted it but I know he enjoyed it as he would then go looking for more. I miss the big bear.

My stamp slipped off the block when I was working but I went along with it as I think it gives the layout some character. And it kinda looks like how quick Teddie was. Papers from a DCWV stack from years back and some sewing.

5 comments:

  1. So cute!! You did a great job. And that little stamp with the candles on the bone is perfect! What a hoot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fantastic!!!I LOVE that stamp too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable little dog! I'm sure he is missed terribly! Love your layout and that adorable stamp! Nice job on the sketch challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is that a doggy food cupcake or human food? I absolutely love his hair!! You did some great sewing there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a human food cupcake. That's why it didn't last long. He loved when his birthday came around and he got his treat.

      Delete