01 August 2012

the treasures continue

Still working on some samples for the website and to show off. Who knows... they may even be for sale! I'm wild and crazy like that. 

These four cards I found the inspiration for them on Pinterest. Then I took some scraps out of my cardstock bin and went to town. I had a great time creating them.

This first one was inspired by this card. I was having some issues with my new three in one EK Success butterfly punch (the first most basic butterfly would not cut all the way out) so I cut a circle around it and stuck it down on the card. I embossed the vellum with my Cuttlebug and carefully tacked it down where the circles would be placed so you can't see the adhesive. I pop dotted some of the circles and stickled the bodies of the butterflies for some pizzazz.


This one I think I would do different. Not sure I would use the marker for the lines again. I'm not that happy with that part of the card. Maybe a piece of pattern paper or even some ribbon underneath. But I do like how the embossed circles came out. I then pop dotted them and added the bling. The gracias is heat embossed and has a bit of bling on the "i". The inspiration card is here.


This card I started with the idea of the circles above but tried to add the stamping for the base and once I put the flowers on top of the swirls, I didn't like the feel. The card felt very heavy on the one side and pretty empty and boring on the other. Problem solved... put the flowers on that edge. I embossed the flowers in my Cuttlebug and added some bling to the centers.


I really like how this card came out. Of course I can see room for improvement when I make it again. Plus it will give me a chance to play with these flowers again! I LOVE how they came out. I used my small heart punch from way back when punches were hot... cut out eight of them, folded them in half and attached one of the halves to a circle. Once all of them were down, I could lift the non glued half up to create the flower. A bit of bling and how awesome is that?? Inspiration card here.


I made eight cards yesterday and need to make a few more however, my pantry is screaming for me to organize it and I need to heed its call. Really I do.

2 comments:

  1. Oh MAN!!! The second and fourth ones really super duper caught my eye!!! Gosh dangit, I HATE unPinterested for requiring that I have a facebook account!! Facebook is evil!! I could totally see getting inspired by unPinterested.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all fantastic Terri!

    ReplyDelete