16 July 2012

card sketch challenge- june

Christmas in July. But it really is the June sketch challenge. But anyways... I have made another five Christmas cards to add to my stash.

We were given this sketch in our group. Look at all the potential that is there!! I would love to say that my interpretation of this sketch was a worthy one. But alas, I am not feeling the deep down love with the card I created. I think I let the paper take over and got lost somewhere. Here is the sketch....


And here is mine.


Not my favorite by any means. I should have stopped and ditched it but I continued forward. I am thinking maybe a bit of stickles around the sentiment element would help a bit. And maybe some on the blue and green cardstock couldn't hurt.

This did not turn out how I wanted it to at all. I may have to give the sketch another chance to inspire me. I feel I have let that beautiful sketch down. oh the shame.

1 comment:

  1. Terri, nothing wrong at all with this! I do think adding green cardstock around the edge may tie the whole thing together. And I love stickles so anything you do with that would be wonderful. lol Don't be so down on yourself. It is very unique.

    ReplyDelete