24 July 2012

slice of heaven

I was finally brave enough to spend the night at my twin's camp on the lake. Yes I will admit, I am not the rough and tumble crunchy kind of gal. I like my water in pipes and a toilet to flush. 

But part of me really wanted to wake up at the lake and to enjoy everything about camp. I am glad I did. So amazing. Totally get why my twin loves being there during the summer.

A M A Z I N G !

We went up Monday after I arrived at her house. Her girls had gotten the truck all packed up so it was easy to throw my stuff in the back and head out. One hour later and we were there at Boyd Lake. So peaceful... minus the throng of kids that were splashing in the warmer than warm lake water. But even they were totally relaxed.

Tuesday morning I awoke to find a heavy layer of fog on the lake. It was much too early for this chickie to be up so I failed to get a picture of the lake. I guess my brain doesn't function at 5am on the lake. When I woke up later, it was to the soft dripping of rain in the camp. I think that was even better than the sun the previous day. Very calming.

I took some pictures and I must say, this is one of my favorites. The drops were sliding off of the pine needles and the rain was hitting the lake. Perfect!


I'll leave you with this shot while I figure out what to share next. Stop and enjoy the rain.

2 comments:

  1. Okay, that's a photo you see framed in a store, or on a $10 card!! I can't believe that I used to be the camping type, roughin' it and all. Oooooh, not so much now!

    ReplyDelete